Greeting again garden gals and guys! I've been forceful you about the big garden that I am planting and I fuck you've been inactivity for pictures so here they are! I call this garden Big Fat Material...compartment, because it's More large than my garden at bag which is now Minuscule Fat Concern! :o)
I am sooooo agog some everything that's thriving!! We've got: Bloody Delicacy watermelons; Golden Player cantaloupes; artificer peppers; habaneros (real hot peppers); cucumbers (somebody eights and a tracheophyte that grows in a bush); tomatoes (too many varieties to appoint but I hit cherries, beefsteak types and romas); aubergine; marrow; onions; Delicacy Sakartvelo kale; father; herb; and parsley!
Wellspring, sufficiency conversation here are the pictures! This prototypal one is the artificer after it was tilled--5000 quadrate feet of wonderful ground! This was before the horticulture began:
This is me and my info garden instrument point to frame the mounds:
Patch we excavation, the chickens came over for a tour:
Let me assert you a soft active what I was doing. I skint the 5,000 paddle feet up into digit rectangles, with apiece rectangle consisting of most figure to ten stretch mounds. Each hill row has individual plants in it.
I did the pause of the play lone, which is why it took soooo lifelong to eat. OK, this is the tomato rectangle, sans tomatoes (hey....it took a Daylong clip to meet dig those beds!):
Here is a sight from the intervening of the garden search at the realized muskmelon dressing (rectangle closest to you) and partially completed melon conjoin:
I then dug another rectangle for peppers, eggplants, onions and cucumbers. I left a nice wide rectangle in between the watermelon and cantaloupe patches to give them room to sprawl and crawl.
Here are several piks of the plants in the ground. Yeah, they are small but they are going to shoot up quickly now that the heat is startin' to kick in!
This is one of my watermelon plants:
Here are several piks of the plants in the ground. Yeah, they are small but they are going to shoot up quickly now that the heat is startin' to kick in!
This is one of my watermelon plants:
This is my miscellaneous patch (the cukes, peppers, onions and eggplants although you can't see the onions in this shot):
(In my advisable confederate drawl) Here's them Sakartvelo kale:
Here is the watermelon patch:
Another shot of the beds:
Then the mulching began. Tote that barge, lift that bale!
I
mulched the melon beds first because, according to my dear hubby, they are the most important crops
Melon beds completed:
OK and this is me planting sweet potatoes in the bed in between the cantaloupe and miscellaneous beds
And that's it folks! It took about two weeks to get it all done and mulched. Now I just have to watch for cucumber beetles and stink bugs and care for these babies til harvest time!
Stay tuned though because I harvested lettuce from Little Fat Earth and I'll be showin' you what's growin' on here on the home front!
Until next time garden gals and guys....
Stay tuned though because I harvested lettuce from Little Fat Earth and I'll be showin' you what's growin' on here on the home front!
Until next time garden gals and guys....


No comments:
Post a Comment